Friday, October 14, 2011

Introduction: Who Am I?

Hello friends! Hello strangers! Welcome runners! My name is Gilbert Cavazos.  I've been running for almost a year now and I have every intention of being a lifelong runner.

I am from Dallas, Texas and have lived here practically my entire life. I decided to create this blog to help not only rookie runners from the Dallas area, but rookie runners to the Dallas area (i.e. new Dallasites).  Through this blog I will share my experiences of the places I train, the races I run, the products I use, and the advice I've tried.

Ultimately, I want this blog to serve as a source of not just information, but of motivation. I want my passion for running to "rub off" on my readers. Running, and competing in races, is a very rewarding activity and I would like other new runners to experience these rewards.

I mainly train for and compete in half marathons, although I have done a handful of 10Ks as well.  My personal record for the half marathon is 1hr 50min, and for the 10K my personal record is 50 min 49 seconds. As you can see, I am in no way an expert runner. But boy do I love to train! Training is quite satisfying, races are merely icing on the cake.

In any event, thank you for visiting this blog. I hope you find it informative and helpful. Let's go runners!

No comments:

Post a Comment